clincher(redirected from clinchers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. One that clinches, as:
a. A nail, screw, or bolt for clinching.
b. A tool for clinching nails, screws, or bolts.
2. Informal A point, fact, or remark that settles something conclusively; a decisive factor.
1. informal something decisive, such as a fact, score, etc
2. a person or thing that clinches
1. a person or thing that clinches.
2. a statement, argument, fact, situation, or the like, that is decisive or conclusive.
3. a nail, screw, etc., for clinching.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||clincher - an argument that is conclusive|
|2.||clincher - a point or fact or remark that settles something conclusively|
|3.||clincher - a tool used to clinch nails or bolts or rivets|
tool - an implement used in the practice of a vocation