Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
Related to close off: persists
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||close off - stem the flow of; "shut off the gas when you leave for a vacation"|
|2.||close off - isolate or separate; "She was shut off from the friends"|
curtain off - separate by means of a curtain
|3.||close off - block off the passage through; "We shut off the valve"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. Not far from another in space, time, or relation:
2. Very closely associated:
Idiom: hand in glove with.
5. Not deviating from correctness, accuracy, or completeness:
8. Not speaking freely or openly:
1. To move (a door, for example) in order to cover an opening:
2. To plug up something, as a hole, space, or container:
3. To bring or come to a natural or proper end:
1. A concluding or terminating:
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.