clothed(redirected from clothedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. clothed or clad (klăd), cloth·ing, clothes
1. To put clothes on; dress: The children were clothed in warm fleece.
2. To provide clothes for.
3. To cover as if with clothing: "People clothe the act of vengeance in all sorts of justifications" (James Carroll).
4. To endow with a trait or attribute.
[Middle English clothen, from Old English clāthian, from clāth, cloth.]
1. (Clothing & Fashion) dressed
2. literary covered as if with clothing
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||clothed - wearing or provided with clothing; sometimes used in combination; "clothed and in his right mind"- Bible; "proud of her well-clothed family"; "nurses clad in white"; "white-clad nurses"|
unclothed - not wearing clothing
|2.||clothed - covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak; "leaf-clothed trees"; "fog-cloaked meadows"; "a beam draped with cobwebs"; "cloud-wrapped peaks"|
covered - overlaid or spread or topped with or enclosed within something; sometimes used as a combining form; "women with covered faces"; "covered wagons"; "a covered balcony"