Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
adj. cloud·i·er, cloud·i·est
1. Full of or covered with clouds; overcast.
2. Of or like a cloud or clouds.
3. Marked with indistinct masses or streaks: cloudy marble.
4. Not transparent, as certain liquids.
a. Open to more than one interpretation.
b. Not clearly perceived or perceptible.
6. Troubled; gloomy: His future at the company is cloudy.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.