Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. An impelling or restraining force; a compulsion.
2. Joint action.
3. Ecology Any of the reciprocal actions or effects, such as symbiosis, that can occur in a community.
[Middle English coaccioun, from Latin coāctiō, coāctiōn-, a collecting, from coāctus, past participle of cōgere, to collect, condense; see coagulum. Senses 2 and 3 : co- + action.]
1. (Environmental Science) any relationship between organisms within a community
2. joint action
3. obsolete a force or compulsion, either to compel or restrain
[C17: co- + action]
1. joint action or interaction.
2. any interaction among organisms within an ecological community.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||coaction - act of working jointly; "they worked either in collaboration or independently"|
cooperation - joint operation or action; "their cooperation with us was essential for the success of our mission"