Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to coed: Co-educational
co·edor co-ed (kō′ĕd′)
n. Often Derogatory
A woman who attends a coeducational college or university.
1. Of or relating to an education system in which both men and women attend the same institution or classes; coeducational: a coed university.
2. Open to both sexes: a coed dorm; a coed pool.
[Short for coeducational.]
Usage Note: Although as a noun coed once referred to male and female students at a college, the word now refers primarily to young women who attend a coeducational college or university. Because there is no separate word for male college students, and the word carries a connotation of frivolity, the term coed is often considered derogatory.
or co-ed(ˈkoʊˈɛd, -ˌɛd)
1. serving both men and women alike; coeducational.
2. of or pertaining to a coed.n.
3. a female student in a coeducational institution.
A girl or woman student at a coeducational school, college, or university.