coiled(redirected from coiledly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a. A series of connected spirals or concentric rings formed by gathering or winding: a coil of rope; long coils of hair.
b. An individual spiral or ring within such a series.
2. A spiral pipe or series of spiral pipes, as in a radiator.
a. A wound spiral of two or more turns of insulated wire, used to introduce inductance into a circuit.
b. Any of various devices of which such a spiral is the major component.
4. A roll of postage stamps prepared for use in a vending machine.
v. coiled, coil·ing, coils
1. To wind in concentric rings or spirals.
2. To wind into a shape resembling a coil.
1. To form concentric rings or spirals.
2. To move in a spiral course: black smoke coiling up into the sky.
[Probably from obsolete French coillir, to gather up, from Latin colligere; see collect1.]
A disturbance; a fuss.