Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Protective storage, as of foods or furs, in a refrigerated place.
2. Informal A state of being held in abeyance.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the storage of things in an artificially cooled place for preservation
2. informal a state of temporary suspension: to put an idea into cold storage.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the storage of food, furs, etc., in an artificially cooled place.
2. suspension of activity; abeyance.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cold storage - in a state of abeyance or postponement|
|2.||cold storage - refrigerated storage for preservation|
storage - the commercial enterprise of storing goods and materials
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.