Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to collegiate: collegiate dictionary
1. Of, relating to, or held to resemble a college.
2. Of, for, or typical of college students.
3. Of or relating to a collegiate church.
[Middle English collegiat, from Late Latin collēgiātus, from Latin collēgium, association; see collegium.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Education) Also: collegial of or relating to a college or college students
2. (Education) (of a university) composed of various colleges of equal standing
(Education) Canadian short for collegiate institute
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
col•le•giate(kəˈli dʒɪt, -dʒi ɪt)
1. of, pertaining to, or constituted as a college.
2. of, characteristic of, or intended for college students.
[1400–50; late Middle English < Late Latin collēgiātus]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Belonging to or typical of a college or college students.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
collegiate[kəˈliːdʒiət] adj (mainly US) (= college) [sport] → universitaire; [life] → universitaire
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007