Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The art, manner, or process of applying color.
2. A substance used to color something.
3. Appearance with regard to color.
4. Characteristic aspect, tone, or style.
5. False or misleading appearance.
col•or•ing(ˈkʌl ər ɪŋ)
1. the act or method of applying color.
2. appearance as to color: healthy coloring.
3. a substance used to color something: food coloring.
4. aspect or tone.
5. specious appearance; show.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||coloring - a digestible substance used to give color to food; "food color made from vegetable dyes"|
|2.||coloring - a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; "a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"|
visual property - an attribute of vision
heather mixture, heather - interwoven yarns of mixed colors producing muted greyish shades with flecks of color
mottle - an irregular arrangement of patches of color; "it was not dull grey as distance had suggested, but a mottle of khaki and black and olive-green"
tint, shade, tincture, tone - a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color; "after several trials he mixed the shade of pink that she wanted"
|3.||coloring - the act or process of changing the color of something|
change of color - an act that changes the light that something reflects
tinting - the act of adding a tinge of color; "the hairdresser gave her hair a modest tinting"
hair coloring - the act of dyeing or tinting one's hair
dyeing - the use of dye to change the color of something permanently
việc tô màu