Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One, such as a machine or a worker, that combs something, such as wool.
2. A long wave that has reached its peak or broken into foam; a breaker.
1. (Textiles) a person, tool, or machine that combs wool, flax, etc
2. (Physical Geography) a long curling wave; roller
1. a person or thing that combs.
2. a long curling ocean wave.
comber, breaker, roller - A long curving wave is a comber, a wave that curls over and dissolves into foam is a breaker, and a long wave moving steadily shoreward is a roller.
See also related terms for wave.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||comber - a person who separates and straightens the fibers of cotton or wool|
worker - a person who works at a specific occupation; "he is a good worker"
|2.||comber - a long curling sea wave|
|3.||comber - a machine that separates and straightens the fibers of cotton or wool|
machine - any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks