Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Relating to or involving combinations.
2. Relating to the arrangement and counting of mathematical elements in sets.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
com•bi•na•to•ri•al(kəmˌbaɪ nəˈtɔr i əl, -ˈtoʊr-, ˌkɒm bə-)
1. of, pertaining to, or involving the combination of elements, as in phonetics or music.
2. of or pertaining to the enumeration of the number of ways of doing or arranging something in a specific way.
3. of or pertaining to mathematical combinations.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||combinatorial - relating to or involving combinations|
integrative - combining and coordinating diverse elements into a whole
|2.||combinatorial - relating to the combination and arrangement of elements in sets|
math, mathematics, maths - a science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.