Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to communicational: Communication skills
1. The act of communicating; transmission.
a. The exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior.
b. Interpersonal rapport.
3. communications(used with a sing. or pl. verb)
a. The art and technique of using words effectively to impart information or ideas.
b. The field of study concerned with the transmission of information by various means, such as print or broadcasting.
c. Any of various professions involved with the transmission of information, such as advertising, broadcasting, or journalism.
4. Something communicated; a message.
5. communications A means of communicating, especially:
a. A system, such as mail, telephone, or television, for sending and receiving messages.
b. A network of routes for sending messages and transporting troops and supplies.
6. communications The technology employed in transmitting messages.
7. Biology The transfer of information from one molecule, cell, or organism to another, as by chemical or electrical signals or by behaviors.
a. An opening or connecting passage between two structures.
b. A joining or connecting of solid fibrous structures, such as tendons and nerves.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
relating to or characterized by communication
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||communicational - used in communication; "he had few communicational grooves available for use"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.