Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to compressed: Compressed File
1. Pressed together or into less volume or space.
2. Biology Flattened, especially laterally or lengthwise, as certain leafstalks or the bodies of many fishes.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. squeezed together or condensed
2. (Biology) (of the form of flatfishes, certain plant parts, etc) flattened laterally along the whole length
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. pressed into less space; condensed: compressed gases.
2. pressed together: compressed lips.
3. flattened by or as if by pressure: compressed wallboard.
4. Zool., Bot. flattened laterally.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||compressed - pressed tightly together; "with lips compressed"|
|2.||compressed - reduced in volume by pressure; "compressed air"|
compressible - capable of being compressed or made more compact; "compressible packing materials"; "a compressible box"
|3.||compressed - flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)|
thin - of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section; "thin wire"; "a thin chiffon blouse"; "a thin book"; "a thin layer of paint"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. squeezed, concentrated, compact, compacted, consolidated, squashed, flattened, constricted a biodegradable product made from compressed peat and cellulose
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
A. ADJ → comprimido
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
compressed[kəmˈprɛst] adj [air, gas] → comprimé(e)
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005