concavo-convex(redirected from concavo-convexly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Concave on one side and convex on the other.
2. Having greater curvature on the concave side than on the convex side. Used of a lens.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. having one side concave and the other side convex
2. (General Physics) (of a lens) having a concave face with greater curvature than the convex face. Compare convexo-concave2
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
con•ca•vo-con•vex(kɒnˈkeɪ voʊ kɒnˈvɛks)
1. Also, convexo-concave. concave on one side and convex on the other.
2. of or designating a lens in which the concave face has a greater degree of curvature than the convex face.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
adj → konkav-konvex
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007