concluded(redirected from concludedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. con·clud·ed, con·clud·ing, con·cludes
1. To bring to an end; close: concluded the rally with the national anthem. See Synonyms at complete.
2. To bring about (a final agreement or settlement): conclude a peace treaty.
3. To arrive at (a conclusion, judgment, or opinion) by the process of reasoning: The jury concluded that the defendant was innocent. See Synonyms at decide.
4. Obsolete To confine; enclose.
1. To come to an end; close: The show concluded with a dance routine.
2. To come to a decision or agreement: The committee concluded on a course of action.
[Middle English concluden, from Latin conclūdere : com-, intensive pref.; see com- + claudere, to close.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||concluded - having come or been brought to a conclusion; "the harvesting was complete"; "the affair is over, ended, finished"; "the abruptly terminated interview"|
finished - ended or brought to an end; "are you finished?"; "gave me the finished manuscript"