admixture(redirected from concrete admixture)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
a. The act of mixing or mingling: the researcher's admixture of different chemicals.
b. The state of being mingled or mixed: the narrative's admixture of fact and imagination.
2. Something that is produced by mixing; a mixture: an admixture of vitamins and minerals.
3. Something added in making a mixture: using fly ash as an admixture in making concrete.
1. a less common word for mixture
2. anything added in mixing; ingredient
1. the act of mixing or the state of being mixed.
2. anything added; an alien element or ingredient.
3. a compound containing such an element or ingredient; mixture.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||admixture - the state of impairing the quality or reducing the value of something|
|2.||admixture - an additional ingredient that is added by mixing with the base; "the growing medium should be equal parts of sand and loam with an admixture of peat moss and cow manure"; "a large intermixture of sand"|
ingredient - a component of a mixture or compound
|3.||admixture - the act of mixing together; "paste made by a mix of flour and water"; "the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio"|