Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Corresponding; similar: plans that are conformable to your wishes.
2. Quick to comply; submissive.
3. Geology Of, relating to, or being rock or sediment strata that were deposited either adjacent to each other or in vertical sequence without interruption by a disruptive or altering process such as erosion or folding.
1. corresponding in character; similar
2. obedient; submissive
3. (foll by to) in agreement or harmony (with); consistent (with)
4. (Geological Science) (of rock strata) lying in a parallel arrangement so that their original relative positions have remained undisturbed
5. (Mathematics) maths (of two matrices) related so that the number of columns in one is equal to the number of rows in the other
conˌformaˈbility, conˈformableness n
con•form•a•ble(kənˈfɔr mə bəl)
1. corresponding in form, nature, or character; similar.
2. compliant; obedient; submissive.
3. of or pertaining to an unbroken sequence of geologic strata or beds, characteristic of uninterrupted deposition.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||conformable - quick to comply; "I have been to you a true and humble wife, at all times to your will conformable"-Shakespeare|
obedient - dutifully complying with the commands or instructions of those in authority; "an obedient soldier"; "obedient children"; "a little man obedient to his wife"; "the obedient colonies...are heavily taxed; the refractory remain unburdened"- Edmund Burke
|2.||conformable - disposed or willing to comply; "someone amenable to persuasion"|
compliant - disposed or willing to comply; "children compliant with the parental will"
|3.||conformable - in keeping; "salaries agreeable with current trends"; "plans conformable with your wishes"; "expressed views concordant with his background"|
consistent - (sometimes followed by `with') in agreement or consistent or reliable; "testimony consistent with the known facts"; "I have decided that the course of conduct which I am following is consistent with my sense of responsibility as president in time of war"- FDR