congregational(redirected from congregationally)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Of or relating to a congregation.
2. Congregational Of or relating to Congregationalism or Congregationalists.
1. of or relating to a congregation
2. (Protestantism) (usually capital) of, relating to, or denoting the Congregational Church, its members, or its beliefs
con•gre•ga•tion•al(ˌkɒŋ grɪˈgeɪ ʃə nl)
1. of or pertaining to a congregation.
2. (cap.) pertaining or adhering to a form of Protestant church government in which each local church acts as a self-governing body.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||congregational - relating to or conducted or participated in by a congregation; "congregational membership"; "congregational singing"|
|2.||Congregational - of or pertaining to or characteristic of a Congregational church|