Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to conservancy: Nature Conservancy
n. pl. con·ser·van·cies
1. Conservation, especially of natural resources.
a. An organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and wildlife habitats in the United States.
b. Chiefly British A commission supervising fisheries and navigation.
n, pl -cies
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in Britain) a court or commission with jurisdiction over a river, port, area of countryside, etc
2. another word for conservation2
con•serv•an•cy(kənˈsɜr vən si)
n., pl. -cies.
1. conservation of natural resources.
2. an association dedicated to the protection of the environment.
3. Brit. a commission regulating navigation, fisheries, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||conservancy - a commission with jurisdiction over fisheries and navigation in a port or river|
commission, committee - a special group delegated to consider some matter; "a committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours" - Milton Berle
Britain, Great Britain, U.K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
|2.||conservancy - the official conservation of trees and soil and rivers etc.|
conservation - the preservation and careful management of the environment and of natural resources