Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to consulting: Strategy consulting
v. con·sult·ed, con·sult·ing, con·sults
a. To seek advice or information of: consult an attorney.
b. To refer to: consulted the restaurant's website for directions.
2. To take into account; consider: consult one's checkbook before making a major purchase.
1. To exchange views; confer.
2. To work or serve as a consultant: a retired executive who consults for several large companies.
n. (kən-sŭlt′, kŏn′sŭlt′)
A consultation, especially one involving physicians.
[French consulter, from Latin cōnsultāre, frequentative of cōnsulere, to take counsel.]
(Professions) (prenominal) acting in an advisory capacity on professional matters: a consulting engineer.
1. involved in giving professional advice: a consulting physician.
2. of or used for consultation: a physician's consulting room.