Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The act of weaving or assembling parts into a whole.
2. An arrangement of interconnected parts; a structure.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the fact, process, or manner of weaving or of being woven together
2. the arrangement of assembled parts; structure
3. an interwoven structure; fabric
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the arrangement and union of the constituent parts of anything; structure.
2. an interwoven structure; fabric.
3. the act or process of weaving or being woven together.
[1595–1605; < French]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.