Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to contorted: methodically
1. Twisted or strained out of shape.
2. Botany Twisted, bent, or partially rolled upon itself; convolute.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. twisted out of shape
2. (Botany) (esp of petals and sepals in a bud) twisted so that they overlap on one side
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. twisted in a violent manner; distorted.
2. twisted back on itself; convoluted.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||contorted - twisted (especially as in pain or struggle); "his mad contorted smile"; "writhed lips"; "my writhen features"- Walter scott|
crooked - having or marked by bends or angles; not straight or aligned; "crooked country roads"; "crooked teeth"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.