Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A device, container, or room that cools or keeps cool.
2. A cold drink, usually carbonated, fruit-flavored, and containing wine or other alcoholic ingredients. Also called wine cooler.
3. Slang A jail.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) a container, vessel, or apparatus for cooling, such as a heat exchanger
2. a slang word for prison
3. (Brewing) a drink consisting of wine, fruit juice, and carbonated water
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a container, as an insulated chest, for keeping something cool.
2. a tall, iced, usu. alcoholic drink.
4. Slang. jail.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cooler - a refrigerator for cooling liquids|
|2.||cooler - an iced drink especially white wine and fruit juice|
|3.||cooler - a cell for violent prisoners|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
cooler[ˈkuːləʳ] n (for food) → ghiacciaia
to send sb to the cooler (fam) (prison) → mettere qn al fresco
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
n. refrigerante, refresco.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012