Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. The pelt of a raccoon.
2. An article, such as a hat, made of the pelts of raccoons.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Textiles) the pelt of a raccoon
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a raccoon cap with the tail hanging at the back
3. (Clothing & Fashion) US an overcoat made of raccoon
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the pelt of a raccoon.
2. an article of clothing made of coonskin, esp. a hat with a tail.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.