coordinated(redirected from coordinatedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Mathematics Any of a set of two or more numbers used to determine the position of a point, line, curve, or plane in a space of a given dimension with respect to a system of lines or other fixed references.
2. coordinates Informal Directions: Give me some coordinates so I can find my way.
3. coordinates A set of articles, as of clothing or luggage, designed to match or complement one other, as in style or color.
a. Of equal importance, rank, or degree: jobs with coordinate responsibilities.
b. Grammar Having equal syntactic status; not subordinate: coordinate phrases.
2. Mathematics Of or based on a system of coordinates.
3. Of or relating to a university in which men and women are taught by the same faculty but in single-sex classes or on single-sex campuses.
v. (-āt′) co·or·di·nat·ed, co·or·di·nat·ing, co·or·di·nates
1. To cause to work or function in a common action or effort: coordinating the moving parts of a machine.
2. To make harmonious; harmonize: coordinate the colors of a design.
3. Grammar To link (syntactic units) at an equal level.
1. To work or function together harmoniously: a nursing staff that coordinates smoothly.
2. To form a harmonious combination; match: shoes that coordinate with the rest of the outfit.
co·or′di·nate·ly (-ĭt-lē) adv.
co·or′di·nate·ness (-ĭt-nĭs) n.
1. well organized
2. with colours and patterns that match or look good together
3. able to control parts of the body so they work effectively together
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||coordinated - operating as a unit; "a unified utility system"; "a coordinated program"|
integrated - formed into a whole or introduced into another entity; "a more closely integrated economic and political system"- Dwight D.Eisenhower; "an integrated Europe"
|2.||coordinated - being dexterous in the use of more than one set of muscle movements; "she was usually good with her hands and well coordinated"- Mary McCarthy|
adroit - quick or skillful or adept in action or thought; "an exceptionally adroit pianist"; "an adroit technician"; "his adroit replies to hecklers won him many followers"; "an adroit negotiator"
|3.||coordinated - intentionally matched; "curtains and walls were color coordinated"|
matched - going well together; possessing harmonizing qualities