Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. (Building) Also called: coping stone a stone used to form a coping
2. (Building) Also called: capstone the stone at the top of a building, wall, etc
1. the top stone of a building or other structure.
2. a stone used for or in coping.
3. the crown or completion; finishing touch.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||copestone - a final touch; a crowning achievement; a culmination|
touch - deftness in handling matters; "he has a master's touch"
|2.||copestone - a stone that forms the top of wall or building|
stone - building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose; "he wanted a special stone to mark the site"
wall - an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"