corker(redirected from corkers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. One that corks bottles, for example.
2. Slang A remarkable or astounding person or thing.
a. something or somebody striking or outstanding: that was a corker of a joke.
b. an irrefutable remark that puts an end to discussion
2. a person or machine that inserts corks
1. a person or thing that corks.
2. Informal. something that closes a discussion or settles a question.
3. Informal. someone or something that is astonishing or excellent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||corker - (dated slang) a remarkable or excellent thing or person; "that story was a corker"|
|2.||corker - a machine that is used to put corks in bottles|
machine - any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks