Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The hard thick cylindrical central core on which are borne the grains or kernels of an ear of corn, usually in rows.
2. A corncob pipe.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Cookery) the core of an ear of maize, to which kernels are attached
2. (Recreational Drugs) short for corncob pipe
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the elongated woody core in which the grains of an ear of corn are embedded.
2. Also called corn′cob pipe′. tobacco pipe with a bowl made from a corncob.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||corncob - the hard cylindrical core that bears the kernels of an ear of corn|
core - the center of an object; "the ball has a titanium core"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.