corpora(redirected from corpora arantii)
Also found in: Medical.
Plural of corpus.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Anatomy) the plural of corpus
2. (Banking & Finance) the plural of corpus
3. (Linguistics) the plural of corpus
4. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) the plural of corpus
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -po•ra (-pər ə)
for 1-3,5, -pus•es for 4.
1. a large or complete collection of writings: the entire corpus of Old English poetry.
2. the body of a person or animal, esp. when dead.
a. a mass of body tissue that has a specialized function.
b. the main part of a bodily organ.
4. a collection of utterances, as spoken or written sentences, taken as a representative sample of a given language or dialect and used for linguistic analysis.
[1225–75; Middle English < Latin]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.