corrigible(redirected from corrigibly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Capable of being corrected, reformed, or improved.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Medieval Latin corrigibilis, from Latin corrigere, to correct; see correct.]
1. capable of being corrected
2. submissive or submitting to correction
[C15: from Old French, from Medieval Latin corrigibilis, from Latin corrigere to set right, correct]
cor•ri•gi•ble(ˈkɔr ɪ dʒə bəl, ˈkɒr-)
1. capable of being corrected or reformed.
2. submissive to correction.
3. subject to being revised, improved, or made more accurate: a corrigible theory.
[1425–75; late Middle English (< Middle French) < Medieval Latin corrigibilis= Latin corrig(ere) to correct + -ibilis -ible]
cor`ri•gi•bil′i•ty, cor′ri•gi•ble•ness, n.