corselet(redirected from corselette)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. also cors·let (kôr′slĭt) Body armor, especially a breastplate.
2. also cor·se·lette (kôr′sə-lĕt′) An undergarment that is a combination of a light corset and a brassiere.
[French, diminutive of Old French cors, body; see corset.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) Also spelt: corslet a piece of armour for the top part of the body
2. (Clothing & Fashion) Also spelt: corselette a one-piece foundation garment, usually combining a brassiere and a corset
[C15: from Old French, from cors bodice of a garment, from Latin corpus body]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
cor•se•let(ˌkɔr səˈlɛt for 1; ˈkɔrs lɪt for 2 )
1. Also, cor`se•lette′. a woman's lightweight foundation garment combining a brassiere and girdle.
a. a suit of light armor covering the entire trunk.
[1490–1500; < Middle French, =cors bodice, body + -elet -let]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||corselet - a piece of body armor for the trunk; usually consists of a breastplate and back piece|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.