countercheck(redirected from counterchecked)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Something that serves to check, restrict, or limit something else.
2. Something that confirms or denies the correctness of a previous check.
tr.v. (koun′tər-chĕk′) coun·ter·checked, coun·ter·check·ing, coun·ter·checks
1. To oppose or check by a counteraction.
2. To check again in order to verify.
1. a check or restraint, esp one that acts in opposition to another
2. a restraint that reinforces another restraint
3. a double check, as for accuracy
4. to oppose by counteraction
5. to control or restrain by a second check
6. to double-check
coun•ter•check(n. ˈkaʊn tərˌtʃɛk; v. ˌkaʊn tərˈtʃɛk)
1. a check that opposes or restrains.v.t.
2. to oppose or restrain (a tendency, force, trend, etc.) by contrary action.
3. to control or confirm by a second check.
Past participle: counterchecked
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||countercheck - a check that restrains another check|
|2.||countercheck - something that checks the correctness of a previous check|
|Verb||1.||countercheck - oppose or check by a counteraction|
|2.||countercheck - check a second time|
check - make an examination or investigation; "check into the rumor"; "check the time of the class"