Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A woman from one's own country; a compatriot.
2. A woman from a particular country.
3. A woman who lives in the country or has country ways.
coun•try•wom•an(ˈkʌn triˌwʊm ən)
n., pl. -wom•en.
1. a woman who is a native or inhabitant of one's own country.
2. a woman who lives in the country.
usage: See -woman.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||countrywoman - a woman who lives in the country and has country ways|
rustic - an unsophisticated country person
|2.||countrywoman - a woman from your own country|
compatriot - a person from your own country