coxa(redirected from coxa val€ga)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to coxa val€ga: coxa vara
n. pl. cox·ae (kŏk′sē′)
1. Anatomy The hip or hip joint.
2. Zoology The first segment of the leg of an insect or other arthropod, joining the leg to the body.
n, pl coxae (ˈkɒksiː)
1. (Anatomy) a technical name for the hipbone or hip joint
2. (Zoology) the basal segment of the leg of an insect
[C18: from Latin: hip]
n., pl. cox•ae (ˈkɒk si)
b. the joint of the hip.
2. the first or proximal segment of the leg of insects and other arthropods.
[1700–10; < Latin: hip]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||coxa - the ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum|
ischial bone, ischium, os ischii - one of the three sections of the hipbone; situated below the ilium
thigh - the part of the leg between the hip and the knee
articulatio spheroidea, ball-and-socket joint, cotyloid joint, enarthrodial joint, enarthrosis, spheroid joint - a freely moving joint in which a sphere on the head of one bone fits into a rounded cavity in the other bone