Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to crap up: crap game
crap 1(krăp) Vulgar Slang
2. An act of defecating.
3. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
4. Cheap or shoddy material.
5. Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
6. Insolent talk or behavior.
7. Used for intensive effect in idioms such as beat the crap out of (someone) for beat (someone) very badly.
intr.v. crapped, crap·ping, craps
Used to express anger or displeasure.
To make a mess of; bungle.
[Middle English crappe, chaff, from Old French crappe, from Medieval Latin crappa, perhaps of Germanic origin.]
1. See craps.
2. A losing first throw in the game of craps.
v. crapped, crap·ping, crapsPhrasal Verb:
To make a losing throw in the game of craps. Usually used with out.
crap out Slang
1. To fail to keep a commitment or promise: crapped out on me when I needed him.
2. To fail to function properly: The old TV crapped out again.
3. To leave: crapped out of the meeting early.
[Back-formation from craps.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||crap up - become obstructed or chocked up; "The drains clogged up"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.