craunch(redirected from craunchiness)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a dialect word for crunch
1. to chew with a sharp crushing noise.
2. to crush or grind noisily.
3. to condense: Crunch the first page into one paragraph.
4. to squeeze financially.
5. to manipulate or process (numbers or data) extensively or in large amounts, esp. by computer.v.i.
6. to chew with a crushing sound.
7. to proceed with a crushing noise: cars crunching along the gravel road.n.
8. an act or sound of crunching.
9. a shortage or reduction: the energy crunch.
10. financial pressure or hardship, esp. caused by a shortage or restriction: a budget crunch.
11. a critical or difficult situation: When the crunch comes, just do your best.
12. Usu., crunches. a form of sit-up done to strengthen and tone the abdominal muscles.
Past participle: craunched