Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to crawler: Web crawler
1. One that crawls, especially an early form of certain insect larvae.
2. A vehicle, such as a bulldozer, that moves on continuous belts of metal plates.
3. See crawl1.
4. See spider.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. slang a servile flatterer
2. a person or animal that crawls
3. (Animals) US an informal name for earthworm
4. (Telecommunications) a computer program that is capable of performing recursive searches on the internet
5. (Clothing & Fashion) (plural) a baby's overalls; rompers
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. one that crawls.
2. Also called crawl′er trac`tor. a large, heavy vehicle that travels on endless belts or tracks, used esp. in construction.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crawler - a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage|
apple polisher, bootlicker, fawner, groveler, groveller, truckler - someone who humbles himself as a sign of respect; who behaves as if he had no self-respect
goody-goody - a person who behaves extremely well in order to please a superior
|2.||crawler - a person who crawls or creeps along the ground|
|3.||crawler - terrestrial worm that burrows into and helps aerate soil; often surfaces when the ground is cool or wet; used as bait by anglers|
angleworm, dew worm, earthworm, fishing worm, fishworm, nightcrawler, nightwalker, red worm, wiggler
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(= program) (COMPUTING) → araignée f
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
crawler[ˈkrɔːləʳ] n (fam) → ruffiano/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995