cream puff(redirected from cream puffs)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
cream puffalso cream·puff (krēm′pŭf′)
1. A shell of light pastry filled with whipped cream, custard, or ice cream.
2. Slang A weakling.
3. Slang An old, especially secondhand car in very good condition.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Cookery) a shell of light pastry with a custard or cream filling
2. informal offensive an effeminate man
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a light, hollow pastry filled with custard or whipped cream.
2. a weak or timid person.
3. a vehicle or machine that has been kept in unusually good condition.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.