cross-stitch(redirected from cross-stitches)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A double stitch forming an X in sewing and embroidery.
2. Needlework made with X-shaped stitches.
v. cross-stitched, cross-stitch·ing, cross-stitch·es
To make or embroider with X-shaped stitches.
To work in the fashion of X-shaped stitches.
1. (Knitting & Sewing) an embroidery stitch made by two stitches forming a cross
2. (Knitting & Sewing) embroidery worked with this stitch
(Knitting & Sewing) to embroider (a piece of needlework) with cross-stitch
1. a stitch in which pairs of diagonal stitches of the same length cross each other in the middle to form an X.
2. embroidery or needlepoint done with this stitch.v.t., v.i.
3. to work in cross-stitch.
Past participle: cross-stitched
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cross-stitch - two stitches forming a cross or X |
half cross stitch - a single cross stitch at a diagonal
|2.||cross-stitch - embroidery done with pairs of stitches that cross each other|