Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Lines of fire from two or more positions crossing each other at a single point: soldiers caught in crossfire.
2. A confrontational situation in which opposing factions, forces, views, or opinions converge: "caught in the crossfire in a battle over Internet site names" (Denise Caruso).
3. Rapid, heated discussion.
1. (Military) military converging fire from one or more positions
2. a lively exchange of ideas, opinions, etc
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crossfire - a lively or heated interchange of ideas and opinions|
conversation - the use of speech for informal exchange of views or ideas or information etc.
|2.||crossfire - fire from two or more points so that the lines of fire cross|