Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A soda-lime optical glass that is exceptionally hard and clear, with low refraction and low dispersion.
2. A form of window glass made by whirling a glass bubble to make a flat circular disk with a lump left in the center by the glass blower's rod.
1. (General Physics) another name for optical crown
2. (Building) an old form of window glass made by blowing a globe and spinning it until it formed a flat disc
1. an optical glass of low dispersion and generally low index of refraction.
2. an old form of window glass formed by blowing a globe and whirling it into a disk.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crown glass - a glass blown into a globe which is later flattened and spun to form a disk|
glass - a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
|2.||crown glass - optical glass of low dispersion and low refractive index|
optical glass - clear homogeneous glass of known refractive index; used to make lenses