crump(redirected from crumped)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
v. crumped, crump·ing, crumps
1. To crush or crunch with the teeth.
2. To strike heavily with a crunching sound.
To make a crunching sound, especially in walking over snow.
a. A crunching sound.
b. The sound of an exploding shell.
2. A heavy blow.
1. (intr) to thud or explode with a loud dull sound
2. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) (tr) to bombard with heavy shells
a crunching, thudding, or exploding noise
[C17: of imitative origin]
1. to crunch.v.i.
2. (of an artillery shell) to land and explode with a heavy, muffled sound.
3. to make a crunching sound.n.
4. a crunching sound.
5. a large explosive shell or bomb.
Past participle: crumped
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||crump - make a noise typical of an engine lacking lubricants|
|2.||crump - bombard with heavy shells|
|3.||crump - explode heavily or with a loud dull noise|