Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Divination by gazing into a crystal ball.
2. The making of determinations or predictions using questionable or unscientific means.
crystal gazer n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Alternative Belief Systems) the act of staring into a crystal globe (crystal ball) supposedly in order to arouse visual perceptions of the future, etc
2. the act of trying to predict something
crystal gazer n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the practice of staring into a crystal ball to divine distant events or the future.
2. speculation about the future.
crys′tal gaz`er, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crystal gazing - staring into a crystal ball to arouse visions of future or distant events|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.