Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to cuboid: Cuboid Fracture
Having the approximate shape of a cube.
1. Anatomy A tarsal bone on the outer side of the foot in front of the calcaneus and behind the fourth and fifth metatarsal bones.
2. Mathematics A rectangular parallelepiped.
cu·boi′dal (kyo͞o-boid′l) adj.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. shaped like a cube; cubic
2. (Anatomy) of or denoting the cuboid bone
3. (Anatomy) the cubelike bone of the foot; the outer distal bone of the tarsus
4. (Mathematics) maths a geometric solid whose six faces are rectangles; rectangular parallelepiped
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. Also, cu•boi′dal.
1. resembling a cube in form.
2. of or pertaining to the tarsal bone above the fourth metatarsal in mammals.n.
3. a rectangular parallelepiped.
4. the cuboid bone.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cuboid - a rectangular parallelepiped|
|Adj.||1.||cuboid - shaped like a cube|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.