Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to cutback: cutback asphalt
1. A decrease; a curtailment: "The political effects of food cutbacks could be devastating" (New York Times).
2. A sharp reversal of direction, as of a ball carrier in football.
1. a decrease or reduction
2. (Film) another word (esp US) for flashback
3. (tr) to shorten by cutting off the end; prune
4. (when: intr, foll by on) to reduce or make a reduction (in)
5. (Film) (intr) chiefly US (in films) to show an event that took place earlier in the narrative; flash back
1. a reduction in rate, quantity, etc.: a cutback in production.
2. a return in the course of a story, film, etc., to earlier events.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cutback - a reduction in quantity or rate|
service cutback - the act of reducing service
sự cắt giảm