daughterly(redirected from daughterlily)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. One's female child.
2. A female descendant.
3. A woman considered as if in a relationship of child to parent: a daughter of the nation.
4. One that is personified or regarded as a female descendant: "Culturally Japan is a daughter of Chinese civilization" (Edwin O. Reischauer).
5. The immediate product of the radioactive decay of an element.
1. Possessing the characteristics of a daughter; having the relationship of a daughter.
2. Of or relating to a cell, organelle, or other structure produced by division or replication: daughter cell; daughter DNA.
3. Produced by or resulting from the decay of a radioactive element: daughter atom; daughter nuclide.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
daugh•ter•ly(ˈdɔ tər li)
pertaining to, befitting, or like a daughter.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.