death warrant(redirected from death warrants)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Law An official order implementing a jury's sentence of death and setting the date for the execution of the defendant.
2. Something that destroys hope or expectation; a deathblow.
1. (Law) the official authorization for carrying out a sentence of death
2. sign one's death warrant sign one's own death warrant to cause one's own destruction
1. a warrant authorizing the execution of a death sentence.
2. a deathblow.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||death warrant - a warrant to execute the death sentence|
warrant - a writ from a court commanding police to perform specified acts