Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. de·bugged, de·bug·ging, de·bugs
1. To remove a hidden electronic device, such as a microphone, from: debug a conference room.
2. To make (a hidden microphone, for example) ineffective.
3. To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in: debug a spacecraft before launch; debug a computer program.
4. To remove insects or other small pests from, as with a pesticide.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
vb (tr) , -bugs, -bugging or -bugged
1. (Electronics) to locate and remove concealed microphones from (a room, etc)
2. to locate and remove defects in (a device, system, plan, etc)
3. to remove insects from
a. something, esp a computer program, that locates and removes defects in (a device, system, etc)
b. (as modifier): a debug program.
[C20: from de- + bug1]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
v.t. -bugged, -bug•ging.
1. to detect and remove defects or errors from: to debug a computer program.
2. to remove electronic bugs from (a room or building).
3. to rid of insect pests.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: debugged
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||debug - locate and correct errors in a computer program code; "debug this program"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. (Tech) → resolver los problemas de, suprimir las pegas de (Comput) → depurar, quitar los fallos a
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
debug[diːˈbʌg] vt (COMPUTING) [+ program] → déverminer
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
debug[diːˈbʌg] vt (Comput) (program) → localizzare e rimuovere errori da; (room) → togliere i microfoni da
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995