Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A number system based on units of 10.
2. A system of measurement in which all derived units are multiples of 10 of the fundamental units.
1. (Mathematics) the number system in general use, having a base of ten, in which numbers are expressed by combinations of the ten digits 0 to 9
2. (Mathematics) a system of measurement, such as the metric system, in which the multiple and submultiple units are related to a basic unit by powers of ten
1. a system of counting or measurement, the units of which are powers of ten.
2. a system of classification, as in libraries, using numerals with decimals.
A number system based on units of 10 and using decimal notation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||decimal system - a positional system of numeration that uses decimal digits and a base of ten|
positional notation, positional representation system - a numeration system in which a real number is represented by an ordered set of characters where the value of a character depends on its position
algorism - the Arabic (or decimal) system of numeration
decimale stelseltientallig stelsel