Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A number system based on units of 10.
2. A system of measurement in which all derived units are multiples of 10 of the fundamental units.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mathematics) the number system in general use, having a base of ten, in which numbers are expressed by combinations of the ten digits 0 to 9
2. (Mathematics) a system of measurement, such as the metric system, in which the multiple and submultiple units are related to a basic unit by powers of ten
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a system of counting or measurement, the units of which are powers of ten.
2. a system of classification, as in libraries, using numerals with decimals.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A number system based on units of 10 and using decimal notation.
The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition. Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||decimal system - a positional system of numeration that uses decimal digits and a base of ten|
positional notation, positional representation system - a numeration system in which a real number is represented by an ordered set of characters where the value of a character depends on its position
algorism - the Arabic (or decimal) system of numeration
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
decimale stelseltientallig stelsel